Button-Banded Christmas Ornament
Clip the shanks off ornate silver buttons, then glue them around a ball ornament to create a design of classic elegance.
Create a modern heirloom by combining vintage-look metal buttons with a purchased ball ornament. You can find buttons like these at antique shops or flea markets, or purchase new ones at craft or fabric stores.
Materials and Tools
- Silver-finished buttons in several sizes and designs
- Wire nippers
- Small glass
- Purchased blue ball ornament
- Industrial strength glue or epoxy
1. Use the wire nippers to cut off the shanks on the buttons.
2. Place the ornament on the glass to keep it from rolling away. Using the glue, attach larger buttons around the middle of the ornament.
3. Attach small buttons around the neck of the ornament.