Keep track of the feathered friends who visit the birdseed ornaments you create.
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Use a pencil to trace the birdhouse pattern onto tracing paper. Cut out the pattern.
3. Draw around the birdhouse shape, including the center opening, on the plastic canvas. Cut out the shape, and remove the center opening.
4. For the hanging loop, cut an 8-inch length of string. Thread the string through one of the holes near the top center of the plastic canvas birdhouse. Knot the ends of the string together.
5. Use a table knife to spread honey or peanut butter around the edges of the center opening. Press sunflower seeds, side by side, into the honey or peanut butter with the narrow ends toward the opening.
6. Select one type of birdseed for the bottom half of the birdhouse and another for the top half. Pour each birdseed in a bowl, filling it to the top.
7. Carefully spread honey or peanut butter around the edges of the sunflower seeds and then over the entire bottom half of the front of the birdhouse. Hold the house, sticky side up, above the selected bowl of birdseed. Sprinkle seeds over the honey or peanut butter until the bottom half is completely covered. Gently shake off extra seeds.
8. Spread honey or peanut butter over the top half of the front of the birdhouse. Cover the spread as you did in step 7. If you like, cover the back of the birdhouse with birdseed.