These retro-look ball ornaments are a reminder of a time when simple, elegant ornaments graced Christmas trees. The holiday decorations are easy to make using purchased ornaments and inexpensive faceted beads. A ring of glitter around the jewels helps focus deserved attention on them.Materials and Tools
- Solid-colored round Christmas ornament
- Juice glass
- Round jewels (available in crafts, discount, and fabric stores)
- Tacky glue
- Gold glitter paint pen (available in crafts, discount, and fabric stores)
1. Place a Christmas ornament on a juice glass to keep it from rolling. Using tweezers, arrange the jewels on the top half of the ball, securing the jewels with tacky glue. Let the glue dry.
2. To outline the jewels, paint around each jewel using glitter paint pen, carefully circling each jewel shape. (Note: glitter paint will appear white until dry.) Let the glitter paint dry. Repeat for opposite side of the ornament.