Ball-of-String Christmas Ornament
These delicate-looking ornaments are made from basic crafts supplies: glue, string, and glitter. Use string in Christmas colors for extra cheer.
Upload your photo here.
What You'll Need
- Small water balloons
- White glue
- Small bowl
- Desired colors of narrow cording or yarn cut to 10-inch lengths
- Waxed paper
- Iridescent glitter
How to Make It
1. Blow up balloons to make small round shapes; tie ends.
2. In a small bowl make a solution of 2 parts glue and 1 part water. Coat cording with glue.
3. Squeeze out excess glue and wrap around balloon in crisscross or squiggly patterns, leaving some openings all around. Avoid the balloon tie so the shape stays round. Note: Using different colors and textures of cording provides extra interest.
4. Lay ball on waxed paper to dry, rotating every few hours to allow all sides to dry.
5. When completely dry, pop balloon and remove the deflated balloon from an opening in the cording.
6. Apply thin lines of glue to some of the strips of cording and lightly sprinkle with glitter. Shake off excess and allow to dry again on waxed paper.
7. Thread cording through top open areas, across opening, and knot ends to make hanging loop.