- Always use candles when entertaining to establish a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Combine faux florals, sparkling ornaments, and fresh flowers to create a centerpiece that can be used for various gatherings. Just replace fresh flowers to change the look.
- Focus on decorating the spaces that guests see first and gather most, like the foyer and living areas.
- To create the festive mood, set a welcoming table in the foyer with flutes filled with champagne and sparkling pomegranate juice, interspersed with simple votives.
- Instead of using a traditional tablecloth, let the natural beauty of the table shine through and use a beautiful runner or two, for a unique layered effect.
- Look around your space and let your surroundings inspire you to make an ordinary room extraordinary.
Home designer Stephen Saint-Onge, known as "the designer for the everyday American family," has become an expert on the home with his creative, family-friendly and approachable style. Stephen uses his talent to show everyone how their homes can be the best they can be -- no matter who they are or what their budget may be. Named "one of the top designers in America" by House Beautiful magazine, he firmly believes that "good design has the power to change lives."
Stephen's television appearances and home makeovers have been featured on Oprah, The View, TLC, and more. Presently, he is at work on his own creative television and book projects as well as working with clients around the country. In his spare time, Stephen works with worthy causes that have a special focus on children, including Saving the Arts programs in our nation's schools.
HomeGoods, with more than 250 stores nationwide, offers a wide selection of designer and brand-name home fashions, unique accessories, and gifts for every room of the home at affordable prices. HomeGoods is a division of The TJX Companies, Inc. of Framingham, Massachusetts.