Festive Holiday Tables Made Easy
Celebrity designer Stephen Saint-Onge shops off-price retailer, HomeGoods, to create four easy and affordable holiday tables.
Upload your photo here.
Embrace past traditions and invent new memories this holiday season by creating beautiful tables and festive entertaining settings, sure to dazzle every guest. Celebrity home and style designer Stephen Saint-Onge has created four easy-to-achieve, distinct table settings for various holiday gatherings using the unique merchandise found at HomeGoods.
Whether you're updating your existing table or starting with brand-new decor, his tips can help create a memorable entertaining environment.
"The holidays are all about your senses, and being affected and moved by your surroundings," says Saint-Onge. "A few simple details added to your space -- candlelight, tableware, festive accessories, and luxurious linens -- all create an instant holiday makeover by making an ordinary room extraordinary, and stores like HomeGoods give you the creative options to transform your home in this way."
Take a look at Stephen's four festive tabletop looks to inspire your gatherings this holiday season.
Sparkling in Silver
Glistening silver candle holders echo the feel of the elaborate chandelier above, and their varying heights add interest to the eye.
Elegant white-on-white place settings, traditional flatware, and crystal stemware all create the classic foundation of this lovely table, perfect for a family dinner.
See more below.
Sand and shells fill large hurricane vases and surround twinkling candles. The usual tablecloth has been replaced with a textured runner in a subtle green color that hints at the ocean beyond and allows the rich wood tones of the table to stand out. Sparkling shell ornaments bring two seasons together on one luxurious table.
Festive Touches for Holiday Entertaining from Stephen Saint-Onge
- Always use candles when entertaining to establish a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Combine faux florals, sparkling ornaments, and fresh flowers to create a centerpiece that can be used for various gatherings. Just replace fresh flowers to change the look.
- Focus on decorating the spaces that guests see first and gather most, like the foyer and living areas.
- To create the festive mood, set a welcoming table in the foyer with flutes filled with champagne and sparkling pomegranate juice, interspersed with simple votives.
- Instead of using a traditional tablecloth, let the natural beauty of the table shine through and use a beautiful runner or two, for a unique layered effect.
- Look around your space and let your surroundings inspire you to make an ordinary room extraordinary.
About Stephen Saint-Onge
Home designer Stephen Saint-Onge, known as "the designer for the everyday American family," has become an expert on the home with his creative, family-friendly and approachable style. Stephen uses his talent to show everyone how their homes can be the best they can be -- no matter who they are or what their budget may be. Named "one of the top designers in America" by House Beautiful magazine, he firmly believes that "good design has the power to change lives."
Stephen's television appearances and home makeovers have been featured on Oprah, The View, TLC, and more. Presently, he is at work on his own creative television and book projects as well as working with clients around the country. In his spare time, Stephen works with worthy causes that have a special focus on children, including Saving the Arts programs in our nation's schools.
HomeGoods, with more than 250 stores nationwide, offers a wide selection of designer and brand-name home fashions, unique accessories, and gifts for every room of the home at affordable prices. HomeGoods is a division of The TJX Companies, Inc. of Framingham, Massachusetts.