Festive Napkin Folding
For a formal or casual get-together, create the perfect napkins to warm up your table.
Upload your photo here.
Fold a Tree Napkin
2. Stabilize lightweight or soft fabrics with a light coat of spray starch or sizing to encourage the napkin to stand upright. Open the napkin and place it on a flat surface. Fold the napkin in half from left to right, creating a rectangle with the fold at the left and the hemmed edges even at the right
3. Fold down the upper corners to meet at the center; repeat for the lower corners. Lightly press the folds.
4. Fold the upper and lower points to meet in the center of the napkin, forming a square. Press lightly.
5. Carefully turn over the folded square. Fold down the upper edge of the napkin to meet the lower edge, forming a rectangle. Lightly press the folds.
6. Grasp the top layer of the rectangle at the lower right corner and bring it to the lower left corner, creating a triangle from the upper edge of the rectangle.
7. Bring the folded triangle edge at the lower left to meet the triangle edge at the lower right.
8. Grasp the top layer of the lower left corner to meet the opposite lower right corner, creating a triangle from the upper edge of the rectangle. Bring the folded triangle edge at the lower right to meet the triangle edge at the lower left. The napkin forms a triangle.
9. Fold the triangle in half, right to left, matching opposite sides. Press the napkin folds firmly.
10. Stand the napkin, with the final fold vertical to the top point. Place a star napkin ring at the top. Evenly spread the four folds to resemble pine boughs.
2. With a square napkin on a flat surface, fold each of the corners to meet in the center. Fold the corners to meet in the center a second time.
3. Hold one hand over the folds to hold them in place and gently turn over the napkin. With the folds on the underside of the napkin, fold the four corners to the center of the square.
4. Use the fingers of one hand to securely hold two adjacent center points. Use the fingers of the opposite hand to bend up the outer corner, freeing a point on the underside of the napkin. Gently tug the loose point, folding it over the corner to form a lily petal. Continue with the remaining three corners to form the inner petals of the water lily.
5. Hold the center of the water lily with the fingers of one hand. Reach between two inner petals to the underside of the water lily, and gently pull one point at a time to the outer edge of the lily, encircling the inner petals made in Step 4, for a completed water lily.
2. Open the napkin and place it on a flat surface. Fold the napkin corner-to-corner to create a triangle.
3. Fold up approximately one fourth of the napkin along the fold to form a cuff.
4. Turn the napkin over with the cuff to the underside. Roll the napkin evenly along the edge of the cuff.
5. Tuck the remaining fabric at the end of the roll into the cuff. Stand the napkin upright.