What You Need
- Tracing paper
- Red honeycomb beeswax sheets
- Crafts knife
- Red candle glitter
- Hair dryer
- 5-x-6-inch red pillar
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Trace the patterns (click on the link above to download) onto tracing paper; cut out the shapes.
- Lay the pattern pieces on beeswax and use a crafts knife to cut around the shapes, cutting one bow, one bow knot, and two bow tails.
- Refer to the photo for what the cut pieces look like (the bow has already been shaped in the photo; the long strip wraps around the purchased candle).
- Lay the bow piece flat and bring each end in to overlap at the center. Press in place and cover the bow with glitter.
- Wrap the bow knot around the center of the bow, molding the knot into shape. Slightly overlap and press together the narrow ends of the bow tails. Cover them with glitter.
- Press the parts of the bow together, using a hair dryer to warm the wax to make it slightly tacky.
- Coat the bow with glitter.
- Cut a 1-3/8-inch-wide strip of beeswax long enough to reach around the pillar. Press the bow on the center of the strip. Cover the band with glitter.
- Wrap the strip around the candle, using the hair dryer to attach the strip firmly to the candle if necessary.