Hostess Gifts: Homemade Food Gifts
Show your appreciation with homemade food gifts to flatter your holiday hostess. Easy to make and easy to give, these tasty ideas are blended and packaged to show off your thoughtfulness and best Christmas wishes.
Present your holiday hostess with a token of appreciation that will impress her with your creativity and thoughtfulness. These two projects come together in minutes but look like they took tons of thought and effort. They also make lovely inexpensive gifts for teachers, colleagues, or others you want to acknowledge at Christmastime.
Treat the sweet tooth and the caffeine fan on your list with these custom blends that are sure to brighten their day. This flavored sugar can be used on top of sugar cookies just before baking, as a sprinkle on pound cake, or even to dress up buttered toast. The easy-to-make flavored coffee will inspire warm thoughts of shared memories when your friends start their day with this special gift.
Rose-Spiced Sugar: How to Make It
- Get the free printable Rose-Spiced Sugar labels, available below.
- Combine sugar, rose petals, and allspice using a food processor. Process with several on/off turns until well combined and sugar becomes a pinkish tone.
- Place sugar in jars and cover tightly. Referring to the photo, adhere ribbon and Rose-Spiced Sugar labels to jars using a glue stick. Makes two half-pint jars.
Spiced Coffee Blend: How to Make It
- Get the free printable Spiced Coffee Blend labels, available below.
- In a large bowl combine ground coffee beans, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt. Divide mixture among waxed paper bags. Seal top of each bag. Wrap each bag with ribbon, and place a Spiced Coffee Blend label over ribbon ends. Adhere label to bag using the glue stick. Makes four 1/2-pound bags.
Editor's Tip: This blend is best when brewed within seven days of making.