- You Had Me at Mustache: Mugs, wine openers, T-shirts, posters -- if it has a mustache or beard, your hipsters will adore it. And the crazier the mustache, the more unique the mustache, the bigger the mustache -- you get the idea.
- Look to the Stars: Celebrities like Zooey Deschanel, Ryan Gosling, and James Franco have this indie-movement thing down. Check out what hipster celebs are wearing, doing, writing, reading, and listening to for easy gift inspiration.
- Hats Off to You: Fedoras, slouchy beanies, derbies, trilbies, and wide brimmed sun hats are the signature headpieces to complete the ultimate hipster style. Local menswear clothing stores should have top-notch collections as well as go-to stores, such as Urban Outfitters and American Apparel.
- Get Thrifty with It: "Hipsterism" may be a state of mind, but it's also often intertwined with a distinct fashion sense. Hipsters are often seen wearing vintage and thrift store-inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and thick-rim sunglasses. Hit local thrift stores to see if there are any good finds for your hipster friends.
- Feed Creativity: Hipsters value independent thinking, progressive ideas, and have an appreciation for art, creativity, and intelligence. Determine what your hipsters' creative outlets are and help them express themselves. Do they like to draw? Get them art supplies. Do they like to create music? Get them computer applications that help them record at home or a higher-quality instrument.
- Better Beats: Alternative indie rock is the music behind the movement, and those tiny earbuds just won't do the trick when it comes to living through the tunes. Give the gift of music anywhere and everywhere with loud, ear-covering, retro-modern headphones in colors that fit their styles.
Print Christmas gift tags -- free!