- Store It Up: Space is limited in apartments and condos, and storage -- especially in downtown lofts -- is often nonexistent. Find stow-and-go furniture or storage options that go with their decor and style. Roomy, under-the-bed storage bins? To die for.
- Sizzlin' Suppers: Everyone craves a meal hot-off-the grill, but when you don't have a patio, grilled eats are only an option when you invite yourself over to a barbecue. Let them feast on grilled food whenever they want by getting them an indoor grill. Throw in your favorite marinades and rubs -- and a save-the-date card for when you plan on coming over to enjoy it with them.
See our favorite ways to flavor BBQ recipes.
- Liven Up the Place: Plants can improve the look of rooms and bring oxygen to tiny living spaces. Hit your local green house to find go-to apartment plants that fit the style of the apartment and are easy to maintain.
- Space Savers: You want to show your organized apartment owners you love them? Buy them closet organizers. Belt hangers, shoe racks, sweater shelves, and hanging rods are some of the top hits when it comes to keeping everything in order.
- Put It on My Tablet: Tablets and e-readers are not only amazing tools for everyday life but also amazing space-savers. Instead of handing over a stack of books to read, splurge on a tablet or e-reader. If they already have one, get them a gift card to load with their favorite reads or the apps they need to help them live big on a budget and decorate small spaces.
- Sleeping on Air: It's almost guaranteed that anyone living in an apartment will have guests with nowhere to sleep but the floor or an old couch. Give them a quality air mattress that is easy to fill up (i.e. with an electric outlet plug) and comfortable to crash on.
- So Fresh, Maybe Not So Clean: They can't control who lived in their apartments before them, nor can they pick their neighbors. But scents can linger -- no matter how many times the carpets are cleaned -- it's time to give your friends some smell-good gifts. Help them freshen up their apartment with diffusers or candle warmers. Feel them out for their go-to scents before investing.