These charming characters make great best-pal gifts for boys and girls.
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Measure the amount of cord you'll need for the project you choose. Fold the cord exactly in half, and tie a small knot at the folded end.
3. String the beads for the first row onto the right cord, following the diagram. Then push the left cord through those beads, from left to right. String the second row of beads onto the right cord, and weave the left cord through them, left to right. Continue in this manner, stringing beads onto the right cord and weaving the left cord through them.
4. For arms, legs, tails, or ears, string all the beads you'll need in a single row on one cord. Line up the beads in rows on the cord to make the desired shape. Loop and weave the cord back through the rows to make the shape you want. Bring the part up to the body, tighten the cord, and tie a knot.
5. When you're done, tie a knot in the end and trim the cord.