Gather your friends and use these patriotic decorating, entertaining, and recipe ideas for this year's 4th of July celebration. From festive star banners and refreshing watermelon coolers to raveworthy party favors and more, your 4th of July party is bound to be summer's biggest shindig.View Slideshow
Give a delicious homemade food gift this Christmas, all packaged in a pretty piece of glassware. Browse our wrapping ideas featuring vases, baking dishes, and more. Plus, each package idea come with a recipe suggestion to fill it.
A wide ribbon and a small picture frame form a reproduction of the belt of the jolliest Christmas elf of all.
1. Thread a wide ribbon through the front of a small, glittery picture frame with the glass removed. Using crafts glue, secure the ribbon around a wide-mouth glass jar with a lid.
2. Arrange your gifting treats in the jar.
3. Tie a gift tag to the top of the lid with a colored string. See the next slide for a materials list.
What You'll Need:
Wide ribbon, small picture frame, crafts glue, wide-mouth glass jar with lid, plain gift tags, colored string or twine
If you can't find a glitzy frame, add a little sparkle of your own with some colorful glitter. Spread crafts glue lightly over the frame, sprinkle with glitter, and let it dry before threading it on the ribbon.
A miniature knit scarf wrapped around a teapot is a tangible symbol of the warmth your loved one will feel when sipping the fruit-and-spice hot tea mix inside.
1. Fill a glass teapot with our recipe below and tie a miniature knit scarf, ribbon, or piece of fabric around the top of the teapot lid to resemble a scarf.
2. Using twine, tie four tea bags together, add a gift tag, and tie the bags to the handle of the teapot.
3. Include the directions for making the tea. See the next slide for a materials list.
What You'll Need:
Glass teapot; scarf, ribbon, or fabric scrap; twine; tea bags; gift tag
This recipe makes enough mix for four gifts, but if you don't have four tea-lovers on your gift list, save the remaining mix for your own sipping enjoyment.
Stencil-cut ribbon makes a fun and festive wrap for a jar.
1. Layer the candy mix into a 1-quart glass canister or jar.
2. Wrap wide, stenciled ribbon around the center of the jar and secure ends with fabric glue.
3. Include the directions for making the treats inside. See the next slide for a materials list.
What You'll Need:
1-quart glass canister or jar with lid, stenciled ribbon, fabric ribbon
A wide-mouth canning funnel is perfect for adding the ingredient layers to the jar. Once a layer has been added, give the jar just a gentle shake to level the ingredients.
A gift to eat and a gift to keep -- a flour sack-style dishtowel makes a great wrap for a casserole of any kind.
1. Bake the casserole in a 2-quart baking dish. Once cool, wrap a festive flour sack-style dishtowel around the center of the dish. Tie decorative ribbon and twine around the ends of the fabric to secure; tuck tied ends under the dish.
2. Attach wooden letters to the twine. For an added splash of color, add some colored plastic forks tied with twine. See the next slide for a materials list.
A tie-on of wooden numbers and letters is an affordable way to add a short, text-message-style message such as "4U." Look for the wooden numbers and letters at a crafts or hobby store.
A colorful string of crafting beads turns a plain vase into a cute holder.
1. Lay a string 1-inch crafting beads on a flat surface and use a wooden crafts stick to rub press-on letter decals onto each bead to spell out a message.
2. Tie the string of beads tightly around the center of a small, wide-mouth glass vase or jar. Fill the bottom third of the vase with granulated or coarse sugar.
3. Arrange candy canes (or a similar tall treat) in the vase, pressing them into the sugar for added support. See the next slide for a materials list.
What You Need:
1-inch crafting beads on a string, press-on letter decals, glass vase, granulated or coarse sugar
Go to a scrapbooking store in search of the press-on letter decals. They are usually available in a variety of type styles, so choose one that reflects the personality you want to portray with your gift.