What You Need:
available from crafts stores
or rubber-stamp stores.
- Rubber stamps in desired patterns
- Clear embossing ink and embossing pad
- Silver, gold, and blue metallic embossing powders
- Electric embossing tool
- Plain white paper sacks
1. Stamp a design. Ink the embossing pad with clear ink. Press the rubber stamp onto the pad, then onto the paper bag, being careful not to wiggle the stamp.
2. Add embossing powder. Working quickly, while the ink is wet, sprinkle embossing powder in the desired color over the stamped image.
3. Clean it up. Shake off the excess powder; use a soft, dry paintbrush to clean the background around the design if necessary.
4. Heat. Use the electric embossing tool to heat the powder until it melts, forming an embossed design. You can also hold the stamped design over a toaster or the eye of an electric stove to melt the powder, but the tool is faster and more effective. Repeat this procedure to decorate the bag with as many images as you like.
- Stamp bags with stars of different sizes and in different colors.
- To close the bags, use a star-shaped hole punch to make holes for ribbon or a gilded twig. Or use sealing wax and a seal to secure the bag.
- To decorate a papier-mache box, paint it white and stamp it with gold metallic acrylic paint.