continue reading below
How to Make It
Note: One blossom measures about 5 1/2 inches across.
- Fold each end of a chenille stem to the center of the stem; twist the ends around the center.
- Pinch the stem at the folds to form the petal points. Shape the stem between the points and the center to create a double-petal piece. Make a total of four double-petal pieces.
- Layer the double-petal pieces in pairs to form two "X" shapes.
- Wire the pairs together at the center.
- Attach six beads to the center of each with wire.
- Make additional poinsettias for a garland in the same manner, except slip one end of a chenille stem through a petal of the adjacent poinsettia before folding it to the center and twisting the end in place.