Wooden Snowflake Wreath
Cast a spell over a door with a supersize wooden snowflake made from paint sticks.
continue reading below
How to Make It
- To make a template, use a dinner plate and a marker to trace a circle onto a large piece of newspaper or crafts paper. Divide the circle evenly into sixths.
- Overlap two large paint sticks by 1/2 inch in the middle (for support), and glue the ends together to form the horizontal base of the snowflake. Repeat two more times.
- Lay the long sticks over the lines of the newspaper template, gluing at the center; let dry.
- Repeat the same process using medium-size crafts sticks and glue to the center of the snowflake, so the medium sticks fall between the angles made by the large paint sticks.
- Add two small crafts sticks to each medium stick at 30 degree angles and top with square wooden shapes.
- Continue adding crafts sticks and wooden shapes to the snowflake, as shown. Glue in place.
- When snowflake is dry, spray-paint the snowflakes white. Let dry.
- To hang, hot-glue a ribbon of your choice cut to the desired hanging length.