This winter-wool snowflake glistens like the real thing with beads, sequins, and painted texture.
1. Download the free pattern for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Trace the snowflake pattern onto tracing paper. Transfer the design to fusible webbing. Fuse the webbing to the wrong side of the wool fabric following the manufacturer's directions.
3. Cut out the snowflake shape. Remove the backing from the fused snowflake.
4. Fold the ribbon in half for a hanging loop and place it on the webbing side of the snowflake. Fuse the snowflake shape to another piece of wool.
5. Cut out the snowflake a second time, being careful not to cut the hanging loop. 6. Seal the raw edges of the snowflake using the paint pen. Let the paint dry. Stitch beads and sequins to the snowflake as shown on the pattern. Use the paintbrush to apply paint-pen paint to the snowflake surface for added texture.