Vintage Postcard Pillow
Share a favorite postcard greeting with family and friends by transferring an enlarged image to white fabric and sewing it to a pillow front.
What You Need:Greet visitors with this cozy Christmas pillow.
- Antique postcard enlarged in color on an 8-1/2 x 11-inch paper from a photocopy center
- 11 x 7-inch piece of white cotton fabric for design transfer
- 11 x 7-inch piece of photo transfer paper
- 1/2 yard of 45-inch-wide red velveteen fabric
- Matching thread
- #5 green pearl cotton for edging
- Metallic green embroidery floss
- Three 1/2-inch buttons
- 12 assorted 1/2-inch jingle bells
- Pillow form
1. Center the enlarged postcard design on piece of photo transfer paper. Transfer the design onto the white fabric according to the manufacturer's directions. 2. Cut two velveteen horizontal sashing strips, each 3-1/4 x 16-1/2 inches. Cut velveteen backing for pillow, allowing for an overlapping buttonhole closure. 3. Using 1/4-inch seams, stitch horizontal sashing strips to the top and bottom edge of the white fabric with the transferred design. Stitch the vertical sashing strips to each side of the design. 4. Right sides facing, stitch pillow front to back along outer edges. Trim the corners. Turn to right side. Topstitch 3/4 inch from outer edge. Using one strand each of green pearl cotton and metallic green floss, work long and short buttonhole stitches around the edge. Sew on buttons for back closure. 5. Sew three jingle bells to each corner of the design. Insert the pillow form.