Trumpeting Paper Angel for Christmas
This pretty paper Christmas craft takes center stage when displayed on top of a glass cake stand.
What You Need:
- Tracing paper
- White illustration board (blank on both sides)
- Heavy-duty sharp-tip scissors
- Crafts knife and metal straightedge
- Spray adhesive
- Superfine white glitter
- Crafts glue
- Glass cake stand
- Sequin trim
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
How to Make It:
- Trace the angel patterns from the pattern pack onto tracing paper; cut out the shapes. Trace the shapes onto illustration board, tracing two each of the arms and specialty sharp-tip scissors, cut out the pieces.
- Make the slits as indicated with a crafts knife and metal straightedge. Lightly score the two skirt pieces from the slit to the bottom edge.
- Spray one side of each piece with adhesive and immediately sprinkle with white glitter. Turn the pieces over and repeat to apply glitter to remaining sides.
- Bend the skirt pieces slightly along the score lines. Slide the main body onto the smaller skirt piece until both pieces sit evenly on a flat surface.
- Add the larger skirt piece behind the smaller. Gently shape each arm piece to curve inward. Slip the arm tabs through the slit in the upper part of the body. Glue the arm tabs to each other; let dry.
- Slip the wing tabs through the same slit behind the arm tabs. Glue the wing tabs to each other and let dry. Glue the hands together around the trumpet; let dry.
- Place the cake stand upside down on the illustration board. Draw around the cake stand and cut out.
- Spray one side of the circle with adhesive; sprinkle with white glitter. Hot-glue sequin trim over the edge on the glittered side.
- Place the finished topper on the cake stand and the angel on the topper, positioning skirt pieces so the angel stands upright.