Embellish Christmas Tree Garland with Tags and Alphabet Stickers
Jazz up a plain white or silver Christmas tree garland with tags that spell out your favorite holiday greetings.
What You Need:
- All-purpose sealer
- Black-rim tags, such as Paper Reflections (available in scrapbooking stores)
- Opaque red acrylic paint
- Alphabet stickers, such as Nostalgiques Dictionary ABC Stickers
- Matte finish spray
- Silver eyelets
- Eyelet setter and hammer
- Silver 8 mm jump rings
- Silver 15 mm jingle bells
- Long-nose pliers
- Black 3mm ribbon
- White and silver garland
- Silver brads
- Round-nose pliers
How to Make It:
- Brush the sealer onto the black-rim tags. Let the sealer dry. Brush the red paint onto the white portions of the tags. Let dry. Paint the back of the tags if desired; let dry.
- Apply the alphabet stickers to the tags to spell "jingle" or other desired words. Spray the tags with the matte finish; let dry.
- On a protected surface, secure one silver eyelet on each tag using an eyelet setter and hammer.
- Attach a silver jump ring to each jingle bell using long-nose pliers.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of ribbon for each tag and jingle bell. Fold each 8-inch piece of ribbon in half to make a loop. Push the loop through the eyelet hole from the back of the tag and feed the ribbon ends through the loop. Follow the same procedure to loop the jingle bells.
- Space each bell and letter approximately 1-1/2 inches apart on the garland. Fold ribbon ends over garland and insert a brad through the ribbon layers. Coil each brad end against the back of ribbons to secure using round-nose pliers.