Full of Treats Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar
Make a countdown Christmas calendar that's full of sweet treats for the kids.
What You'll Need:
- Purchased Countdown Calendar box (we used Karen Foster calendar box, which includes calendar and number stickers)
- Patterned paper
- Stickers, large brads, and rub-ons
- Die-cut letters
- Wire cutters; trimmer
- Adhesive; glue dots
- Circle punch
- Scissors; ruler
- Wave trimmer
- Glitter glue
- 25 miniature toys or treats to fit drawers
- Hot-glue gun and hotmelt adhesive (optional)
How to Make It:
- Select a coordinated line of paper for this project. Choose paper with a variety of small-scale patterns and colors. As an alternative, decorate the Advent calendar with leftover bits of paper and embellishments.
- Measure each drawer and cut 25 pieces of patterned paper to fit, mixing patterns and colors as desired.
- Punch a half-hole in the top edge of each piece to match the notches on the drawers.
- Use stickers, rub-ons, and large brads to decorate each piece; then ink the edges and adhere them to the drawers. (Cut the prongs from large brads using wire cutters; adhere decorative brad top with glue dots.)
- Cut paper to fit the sides and back of the Advent calendar box; ink and adhere.
- Decorate the top of the calendar if desired. Cut a cardstock background and reinforce with chipboard; adhere to the back of the calendar. Decorate with stickers, die cuts, and glitter glue. Or purchase Christmas figurines or wooden letters, paint if necessary, and affix them to the top of the calendar with hot glue. Place a toy or treat in each drawer.