These paper choo-choos will delight all your little engineers.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:Recycle jar lids, buttons, and broken jewelry to trim the trains.
- Small cardboard tubes
- Colored paper in red, green, blue, orange, and yellow
- Glue stick
- Thick white crafts glue
- Crafting foam scraps or plastic lids for wheels
- Wooden stars
- 2 craft sticks
- Wooden spools or beads
- 9-ounce plastic cups
- Darning needle
1. Wrap each section of tube with a 4-1/2-inch strip of colored paper. Secure with glue stick. Trace around the bottom of tube onto the foam to make circles for the wheels. Cut out the wheels and glue the tops to the sides of the paper-covered tubes. The wheels will hang down below the tubes. Glue two additional smaller wheels to each side of the train engine tube. Glue wooden stars to the center of all the wheels. Glue a craft stick across both sets of wheels on the engine.
2. Make two folds in a 4x2-inch rectangle of colored paper to make the engine cab. Cut a window in the two outer sections and then glue either side to the top of the engine car. Glue a spool funnel in front of the cab. Decorate the other cars with colored paper rectan6gles and stripes.
3. Cut the bottoms off the plastic cups. They will make the end caps to each train car. Carefully punch a hole in the center of the bottoms. Thread cord onto a darning needle and then string a cup bottom, paper tube, another cup bottom, and a spool. Repeat the process until all cars are strung. If you push the cup bottoms onto the train cars, they'll fit tightly.