What You Need:These homemade barrettes make a great gift for young girls.
- Clear flat glass pebbles in sizes you like
- Metal barrette back
- Snowflake stickers to fit on the glass pebbles
- 1/4-inch flat paintbrush
- Mod Podge découpage medium
- DecoColor Paint Markers: blue, purple, white, and silver (or the colors of your choice)
- Aleene's Glass and Bead Adhesive
- Masking tape
1. Select the pebbles for your barrette. Make sure that they'll fit on the barrette back. Choose a snowflake sticker for each pebble. Working with one pebble at a time, use the paintbrush to apply a light coat of Mod Podge to the flat side of the pebble. Immediately press the front of a sticker onto the wet pebble. Apply a second coat of Mod Podge to the flat side of the pebble, covering the sticky back of the sticker. Let the Mod Podge dry completely.
2. Use the blue or purple paint marker to color the flat side of each pebble around the sticker. Let the paint dry. Use a white or silver paint marker to outline the snowflake on the front of each pebble. Let the paint dry.
3. Use the glass and bead adhesive to glue the pebbles side by side on the barrette back. Hold the pebbles in place with a piece of masking tape. When the adhesive is dry, remove the tape.