Entertain your pets with these
warm and cozy treats.
- 12 x 20-inch piece of tracing paper to make a 17-inch bone (for a larger bone, use larger paper)
- 1/3 yard each of two animal-print fun furs to make a small bone (for a larger bone, use larger pieces of fabric)
- Straight pins
- Needle and matching sewing threads
- 2 recycled squeaker toys or new ones from a pet store
- Polyester fiberfill
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Trace the solid lines of the bone pattern onto tracing paper. Cut out the shape. For a larger bone, enlarge the pattern to the size you'd like; then trace and cut.
3. Pin the pattern to one of the animal-print furs. Cut out the bone shape from the fur. Cut a second bone shape from the other piece of animal-print fur.
4. Pin the bone shapes together with the fur sides facing each other. Note: Sew seams 1/4-inch from the raw edges. Sew around the edges of the bone, leaving a 4-inch opening in the middle of one of the long straight edges.
5. Turn the bone right side out. Wrap each squeaker toy in polyester fiberfill. Insert a squeaker in each end of the bone through the opening.
6. Stuff the rest of the bone firmly with fiberfill. Then, use a needle and thread to sew the opening closed.