Give Rover a Christmas surprise -- a fuzzy fabric dog bone you made yourself.
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Trace the solid lines of the bone pattern onto tracing paper. Cut out the shape. For a larger bone, enlarge the pattern to the size you'd like; then trace and cut.
3. Pin the pattern to one of the animal-print furs. Cut out the bone shape from the fur. Cut a second bone shape from the other piece of animal-print fur.
4. Pin the bone shapes together with the fur sides facing each other. Note: Sew seams 1/4-inch from the raw edges. Sew around the edges of the bone, leaving a 4-inch opening in the middle of one of the long straight edges.
5. Turn the bone right side out. Wrap each squeaker toy in polyester fiberfill. Insert a squeaker in each end of the bone through the opening.
6. Stuff the rest of the bone firmly with fiberfill. Then, use a needle and thread to sew the opening closed.