What You Need:
- Striped woven striped blanket 54x74 inches
- Scissors; sewing machine
- Sewing needle
- 6 yards of purchased feather trim
- 2 yards of leather lacing
How to Make It:
- Cut the blanket into four 27-inch squares.
- Using the photo as a guide, piece the four squares together so the stripes are turned 90 degrees to each other.
- Piece squares right sides facing in checkerboard fashion, leaving one seam open to center to allow it to slip around the tree trunk. Cut a 5-inch circle from the center of the piecing.
- Serge or clean-finish the outside edge of the tree skirt. Turn under 1/2 inch along clean finished edge of back opening and center circle; topstitch to secure.
- Stitch feather trim around the outside edge of tree skirt. Tack on leather lacing ties for back closure of tree skirt.