What You'll Need:
out of string.
- 6 x 12 textured red card stock
- 4 1/2-inch square of light blue paper
- Black oven-bake clay, such as Sculpey
- Felt in orange and black
- Narrow red velvet ribbon
- 1-inch-wide red and green plaid ribbon
- Natural string
- Glass baking dish and oven
- Thick white crafts glue
- Envelope or paper and tracing paper
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Make seven half-pea-size balls from clay. Flatten slightly; place on baking dish. Bake in oven according to the manufacturer's instructions. Remove from oven; let cool.
3. Measure and mark the fold line on the card stock. Run a scoring tool, held with very little pressure, along the fold line. Fold the card stock in half along the score line. Center and glue the blue paper on the card.
4. Draw a 2 1/2 inch diameter circle in the center of the blue paper. Fill in with glue.
5. Starting in the center of the circle, wind string to fill the circle. Let the glue dry.
6. Trace the hat and nose patterns, on tracing paper; cut out. Cut a hat from black felt and a nose from orange felt.
7. Arrange and glue the clay and felt pieces in place. Cut a piece from red velvet ribbon for hatband. Glue in place.
8. Tie a bow from plaid ribbon. Trim ends. Glue to the left of the snowman chin. Let dry.
9. Using a silver marking pen, highlight each of the clay pieces.