Decorate Christmas Stockings with Felt Peppermint Candies
Use felt to make these candy swirl Christmas stockings in coordinating red and green.
What You Need:
- Tracing paper or copier; pencil
- Two 12x18-inch pieces of green or red felt for stockings
- One 24x24-inch piece of white felt
- One 12x12-inch piece of pink or lime-green felt for candy swirls
- 2-5/8 yard narrow lime green or pink cording
- Clear nylon sewing thread
- Matching green or pink sewing thread
- Fabrics glue
- Scissors; pinking shears
How to Make It:
- Trace or copy patterns. Cut two stocking pieces from background felt color using pinking shears. For each stocking, cut four white circles from peppermint pattern on stocking. Cut 24 pink or lime-green felt pieces from the candy swirl pattern. Using matching sewing thread, stitch swirls onto each white felt circle. Using fabrics glue, secure cording to the center of each white swirl. Trim around outside edges of circle. Place candies on top of stocking front at locations marked on stocking pattern. Pin in place.
- Using clear nylon thread, stitch close to outside edges through all thicknesses. Turn stocking to back side. Use stocking edges as a guide and trim circles to stocking shape. Use excess circle from the toe edge to place remaining partial circle at top edge of stocking. With pinking shears, cut piece of background felt to measure 5/8x8inches for hanging loop. Fold length in half and place at top side edge on the inside of stocking back. Baste in place at top edge. With wrong sides together, stitch stocking front to back, using a 1/4-inch seam and clear nylon sewing thread.