Star Place Mats Around a Christmas Table
These bright green felt stars make pretty place mats around a Christmas table.
What You'll Need:
- Tracing paper; pencil; scissors
- Two 24-inch squares of green sportweight fabric
- Fusible webbing; iron
- Sewing machine; thread
- 2 yards of 3/4-inch red chenille rickrack
- 1 yard of 3/8-inch green velvet ribbon
- Purchased name tag
- 5-inch brass star shape for name tag
- Pinking shears
How to Make It:
- Enlarge, trace, and cut out pattern. Use pattern to cut out two star shapes from green sportweight fabric. Cut one star shape from fusible webbing. Cut one star shape from batting, trimming an extra 3/4 inch from outer edge.
- Fuse webbing to wrong side of one green fabric star, following manufacturer's instructions. Layer stars with wrong sides together and batting in between; fuse together. Pink the edge.
- Machine-stitch rickrack 3/4 inch from edge around outer edge of star.
- For a place card ornament, use the green velvet ribbon to attach the name tag to the brass star; tie the ribbon into a bow.