Snowy Paper Christmas Trees
Create a forest of 3-D Christmas trees from cardstock triangles sewn together and dusted with a sprinkling of faux snow.
What You'll Need
- Tracing paper
- White cardstock
- Sewing machine
- White sewing thread
- Double-sided tape
- Artificial snow
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Download the pattern and enlarge to the desired size on tracing paper; cut out.
- For each tree, trace three triangle patterns onto cardstock and cut out. Locate the center on the base of one triangle and draw a line from it to the triangle tip.
- Stack the three triangles and machine-sew through all layers on the center line. Fold the triangles along the stitched line to form a standing tree.
- Evenly fold double-sided tape around the sides of each triangle, working one side at a time. Note: For ease in folding the tape, work with multiple smaller pieces of tape instead of a single long strip.
- Sprinkle the taped side with artificial snow and press the snow in place. Continue in this way on all six sides.