What You Need:
way to get rid of old buttons and
- Foam balls, such as Styrofoam, in three different sizes
- Plastic knife
- Wood craft stick
- Fabric scraps
- Paper clips
- Small plastic cup
- Small plastic plate
1. Using a plastic knife, saw off a small slice from the smallest and largest balls and two slices opposite each other on the medium-size ball.
2. Slide a wood craft stick through the center of the middle ball, leaving part of the stick coming through each flattened end. Poke the other two balls onto the stick, lining up the flattened edges.
3. Decorate the snowman as you like with scraps of fabric and buttons. Poke the buttons into the balls with a paper clip. Add stick arms.
4. To make the hat, push a small plastic cup into the top ball. Use a small plastic plate with the center cut out for the brim, and add decorations. Push the bottom of the snowman onto the high-numbered end of the yardstick or meterstick. When there's a snowfall, stick the other end into the snow, and you'll see right away how deep the snow is.