Snow-Puff Christmas Wreath
Look closely -- this stunning Christmas wreath is fashioned from round makeup powder puffs embellished with beads, buttons, and more.
What You'll Need
- Fiskars circle cutter
- 9-inch square piece of white mat board
- Six 2-3/4-inch-diameter white powder puffs
- Six 2-1/4-inch-diameter white powder puffs with satin tops
- Assorted embellishments: seed beads, heart and flower beads, buttons, sequins, appliques
- Embroidery floss: cream, white, pastel, metallic
- Needles: embroidery and beading
- Crafts glue
- 7 white silk leaves
- 1 yard of 3/8-inch-wide beige velvet ribbon
How to Make It
1. Using the circle cutter, cut an 8-inch-diameter circle from the mat board. From the center of the circle, cut out a 7-inch-diameter circle, leaving a 1-inch-wide ring for the wreath base.
2. Referring to the photo, embellish the powder puffs by sewing on beads, buttons, and appliques using embroidery floss. Center the designs so they will be visible when the puffs are glued to the wreath.
3. Arrange the large powder puffs around the wreath base; add the small ones on top, overlapping the larger ones.
4. When you are pleased with the arrangement, glue the powder puffs into place.
5. Add leaves around the wreath, securing them with glue.
6. At the top of the wreath, wrap and tie a velvet ribbon hanger around the base, maneuvering it under a small powder puff. Secure the ribbon with glue.