Make a Fleece Snow Lady Pillow for Christmas
Use warm fleece to sew this cheery snow lady pillow as a fun winter decoration.
What You Need:
- Tracing paper, pencil, scissors
- 20-inch square of white fleece
- 1/8 yard of patterned fleece
- 28-inch square of red fleece
- Scrap of pink fleece, black thread
- Straight pins, sewing machine
- Five 3/4-inch black buttons
- Four 5/8-inch black buttons
- Sewing needle, white thread
- 28-inch square of pink fleece
- 18-inch-square pillow form
How to Make It:
- Enlarge and trace the pattern; cut out the pieces.
- Use the patterns to cut the snow lady, nose, and hat shapes from the fleece. Cut four small circles from white for snow. Cut two 5x11-inch strips for scarf.
- Pin the nose on the face; zigzag-stitch the edges. Pin the snow lady to the red fleece square, centered right to left and 5 inches from the bottom edge. Zigzag the edges. Pin hat in place; zigzag edges.
- Pin one scarf piece on the snow lady's neck, gathering at the ends. Stitch the ends to secure. Tie a knot in the center of the remaining scarf piece. Cut 2-inch-long fringes on each end. Hand-stitch the knot to the pillow top at the right end of the scarf piece.
- Sew the button mouth and eyes in place. Zigzag eyebrows.
- Cut a 1-1/2x10-inch strip from solid pink fleece. Tie into a bow. Cut a notch in each end. Hand-sew the knot of the bow to the hat.
- Sew the snow circles to the pillow top using three intersecting straight stitches; knot on back.
- Pin the pillow top to the pillow back. Cut 4-inch fringes around the squares through both layers.
- Tie together three sides of the pillow fringes. Insert the pillow form. Tie the remaining fringes together. Machine-zigzag just inside the tied fringes.