Christmas Candy Ornament Made from Ribbon
Transform basic ribbon into sweet ornaments for your Christmas tree. The accordion-fold technique is easy to master and all you need are basic crafting supplies.
What You'll Need
- 8-inch length of 1-inch-wide satin ribbon in desired color and pattern
- Paper clip
- Thread to match ribbon colors
- Small bead
How to Make It
1. Gently fold the ribbon back and forth accordion-style, making the loops about 1-1/2 inches wide. Secure with a paper clip.
2. Thread the needle using two strands of thread. Tie a knot at one end.
3. Remove the paper clip and, starting at the bottom of the folds, place the needle and thread through the center of the folded ribbons. Pull the needle up through the ribbons with the knot at the bottom. Adjust the ribbon folds to resemble ribbon candy. Make a tiny stitch at the top of the ribbon folds to secure.
4. String a bead onto the thread in the center of the ribbon folds. Cut the thread leaving enough ribbon behind to hang the ribbon ornament.