With sparkling chenille stems and colored foil, these reindeer ornaments light up any tree.
Upload your photo here.
What You NeedIn a few simple steps, wooden lightbulbs become cute reindeer.
- Tracing paper
- Reynolds Ultra Foil crafting sheets: silver or gold and other bright colors of your choice
- Thick crafts glue
- 7/8 x 2 1/8-inch wooden lightbulbs
- 24-gauge gold wire
- Wire cutters
- Metallic chenille stems
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Moveable plastic eyes, 3/4-inch diameter
- Small rhinestones
How to Make It
1. Download the free patterns for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Trace the bulb pattern onto tracing paper; cut it out. Use the pattern to cut one bulb shape from bright-colored foil. From the silver or gold foil, cut a 3/4 x 2-inch strip.
3. Apply crafts glue to the wrong side of the foil cutout. Wrap the foil around the bulb section of a wooden lightbulb for the reindeer head. Smooth out any wrinkles with your fingertips. Let the glue dry.
4. Apply crafts glue to the wrong side of the foil strip. Wrap the strip around the base of the lightbulb, covering the edge of the colored foil. Fold down the top edge of the strip to cover the lightbulb base.
5. Cut a 7-inch length of 24-gauge gold wire with wire cutters. Spiral the wire around the tip of the base tightly enough to show the grooves.
6. Form the excess wire into a hanging loop.
7. For each pair of antlers, fold a metallic chenille stem in half. Shape each half into an antler, referring to the diagram below. Hot-glue the fold of the antlers to the top center of the bulb section.
8. Cut two 4-inch lengths of gold chenille stem for the ears. Fold back 1/2-inch at one end of the stem. Spiral the remaining stem length around the fold to make an oval. Repeat for the second ear. Hot-glue the ears to the reindeer head below the antlers. Hot-glue the eyes and a rhinestone nose to the face.