- Bottle of wine
- 222 inches (18 feet, 6 inches) of 3-inch-wide silk ribbon (or other desired ribbon)
- Hot-glue gun and glue
1. Lay 16 feet of ribbon on flat surface. Stand wine bottle upright on top and in the middle of the ribbon.
2. Bring several inches of ribbon up flat along both sides of the bottle, and secure to neck of bottle with a bead of hot glue. Keeping ribbon flat to the bottle, wrap one side of ribbon around the bottle, starting at the top, moving down the bottle with a few loose wraps then back up again with tighter, overlapping wraps and finishing near top of bottle.
3. Repeat with ribbon from other side, making sure to completely cover the bottle.
4. Tie both ends of ribbon in a knot at top of bottle. Use a 30-inch strip of ribbon to tie a bow at top of bottle.Wine Tags What You Need:
- Prepunched, round silver-cased tags (found at office supply stores)
- Art markers
- Fine-point permanent marker
- Thin wire
- Assorted beads
1. Color the front of each tag using art markers, then use a fine-point permanent marker to write a name, wine variety, or festive message on each tag.
2. On an 8-inch piece of wire, string a variety of color-coordinating beads. For the wineglass placeholders, string the tag at the end of the beaded wire.
3. With tag at top, twist beaded wire around the stem of a glass, starting at the bottom and moving up. For the wine bottle tag, secure the tag in the middle of the beaded wire, place around the neck of a wine bottle, and secure at back of bottle by twisting ends of wire.