Give dad a homemade picture frame with a photo of his favorite slugger inside.
2. Place the frame, front side down, on the light green crafts foam. Use a pencil to trace around the edges of the frame and cut out a rectangle along the traced lines.
3. Center the green foam rectangle on the front of the frame. Draw a curved line for home plate across the bottom left corner of the foam. To mark the picture opening on the foam, carefully press your pencil along the edges of the frame opening. The side of the foam you've drawn on is the wrong side. Cut out the picture opening and remove the foam.
4. Cut off the bottom corner of the green rectangle along the curved line. Use this piece as a pattern to cut the same shape from the tan crafts foam.
5. Apply strips of double-stick tape along the edges of the wrong side of the foam frame and the tan foam shape. Turn the foam frame over, and press the tape side down onto the mat-board frame. Press the tan foam shape onto the lower right corner of the frame.
6. Cut off two corners from one of the wooden tiles to make a five-sided home plate. Paint home plate and the remaining three squares tan. Let the paint dry. Dip a dry brush into gray paint and lightly shade one side of each base and the home plate. Let the paint dry.
7. Trace the catcher's mitt pattern opposite onto tracing paper. Cut out the pattern piece. Trace the pattern onto brown crafts foam, and cut out the mitt shape. Use the white paint marker to draw the lines on the mitt. Cut small tufts of grass from dark green crafts foam.
8. Arrange the pieces on the frame. Hot-glue all the pieces in place.