Peppermint Swirl Ornament Christmas Gift Topper
Use red and white felt to make this sweet peppermint swirl ornament to top any Christmas gift.
What You Need:
- Felt: white and red
- Fabrics glue
- Polyester fiberfill
- 9-inch length of lime-green rickrack
- 1-1/2-inch-wide picot-edged lime-green satin ribbon
- Black curtain clip
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Trace the circle and swirl patterns onto tracing paper and cut out. Draw two circles on white felt and two swirl- circles on red felt. Cut out the shapes.
- Using fabrics glue, adhere a red swirl-circle to each white circle; let dry. Machine-sew the swirl-circles onto the white circles.
- With wrong sides facing, sew the assembled circles together, leaving an opening for stuffing. Stuff the shape with fiberfill and sew the opening closed.
- Fold the rickrack in half and sew it securely to the edge of the circle. Form two same-size loops and two tails with the satin ribbon.
- Tie the ribbon in the center with the rickrack and secure to the peppermint ornament. Clip the hook over the center of the bow for a hanging loop.