Make a Faux Peppermint Pillow for Christmas
Combine colorful swirls of fabric to make this pretty peppermint-shape pillow to use as a Christmas decoration.
0 did it
What You Need:
- Tracing paper; pencil; scissors
- 1/2 yard white fleece or white felt
- Scraps of hot pink felt
- 1-1/2 yards narrow lime green cording
- 1 yard iridescent white netting fabric
- 1-1/4 yard of 1/2-inch-wide iridescent medium rickrack
- Matching sewing threads; fabrics glue
- 14-inch round pillow form
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Trace patterns; set aside. Cut two 14-inch circles from white fleece for pillow front and back. Cut six hot pink felt pieces from swirl pattern. Lay pink felt pieces on top of one round white piece of fabric, pinning in place so that points of pink pieces almost meet in the center. Sew around pink pieces to attach to top of pillow. Using fabrics glue, attach narrow green cording to centers of white sections. With right sides together, sew pillow front to pillow back, leaving an opening to insert pillow form. Turn right side out. Insert pillow form; hand-stitch opening closed.
- Cut netting fabric to measure 41x36 inches. Narrowly hem the 36-inch sides by turning under twice 1/4 inch and sewing close to fold. Center pillow against wrong side of netting fabric, and fold under selvage edges at center back. Cut two lengths of rickrack to measure 21 inches, and tie each in a bow around loose netting edges at sides of pillow to resemble cellophane candy wrapping.