What You'll Need
- White paper
- 13x18-inch piece of 28-count ecru linen
- Water-soluble marking pen
- Embroidery hoop
- DMC cotton embroidery floss: two skeins of Deep Salmon (347), and one skein each of Dark Antique Mauve (315), Dark Olive (730), Pale Tan (739), Light Salmon (761), Medium Bronze (832), Deep Beaver Gray (844), Light Peach (948), Dark Mocha (3781), Dark Grape (3834), Deep Straw (3852), Winter White (3865)
- Cameo Ultra-Punch Needle with Small Needle Pack C-931
How to Make It
- Download the free pattern and print onto white paper. Tape the pattern to a window. Center the linen fabric, right-side down, over the pattern, and use the water-soluble marking pen to trace the pattern onto the fabric. Place the fabric, pattern-side up, in an embroidery hoop.
- Separate the plies of floss and use a threader (if needed) to thread the needle, following the manufacturer's instructions. Refer to the pattern for colors. Always use three plies of floss, combining colors where indicated on the pattern.
- Set the needle indicator pin to 1 for the overlapped mitten and to 3 for all other punching. This controls the height of the loops on the front.
- Outline each color area first with stitches that are very close together so no space shows between them, and then fill in the area inside the outline. Each stitch on the back side should be the length of one needle width.
- Frame the design as desired.