continue reading below
How to Make It
- Painting one canvas at a time, apply a solid color in the center of the canvas. While the paint is wet, paint a contrasting border color, blending slightly. Paint the sides of the canvas.
- Repeat for the remaining canvases, using the photograph as a color guide. Let the paint dry.
- Use silver paint and a small flat paintbrush to paint words in the center of each canvas. If desired, lightly write the words on the canvases before painting. You also can use a computer and printer to generate letter patterns to trace if desired. Let dry.
- Arrange the canvases as shown. Cut a cardboard backing piece that fits behind all of the arranged canvases without showing from the front. Use an awl to poke two hanging holes at the top left-hand and right-hand sides, 4 inches in from the canvas edges. Set the cardboard aside.
- Hot-glue the edges of the canvases together one at a time, being careful not to apply glue where it will show once the canvases are butted together.
- Adhere the cardboard backing piece to the attached canvases. Let dry.