What You Need:
- Acrylic picture frame, or frame with flat sides narrow enough to be covered
- Lightweight scrapbook papers: green and other desired colors
- Hot-glue gun, glue sticks; toothpicks
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Tracing paper; pencil
- Red sequins or acrylic gemstones
- Metallic ribbon
How to Make It:
- Cut and fold paper according to the pattern. Connect pieces forming four straight strips to fit size of frame chosen. Use the frame as a guide for lengths. Corners should form a square or a squared-off corner. Allow for right angles so frame corner will be covered when assembled. Join one corner by placing a small dot of hot glue on inside of paper chain. Attach adjoining chain, forming a squared-off corner. Continue for all four corners. Glue paper chain to frame by running a thin bead of glue along back of chain; adhere to frame.
- Trace and cut out holly patterns from green scrapbook paper. To add a realistic touch, run the tip of a toothpick over the holly-vein lines while holding paper taut against table. Pull to lift paper to the sides of the toothpick. Then hot-glue the holly to the frame corner. Add sequins or acrylic gemstones for the holly berries and ribbon for an accent.