Quilled Snowflake Ornament
Plain paper is all you need to create special, sparkling snowflakes.
How to Make It
- Using a rotary cutter, cut seven 1/4x12-inch strips from white cardstock. From these strips, cut the following: one 6-inch-long strip (center round); eight 3-inch-long strips (arms); four 6-inch-long strips (scrolls); four 3-inch-long strips (teardrops); and four 2-inch-long strips (marquise shapes).
- For round: Using a quilling tool, begin rolling a 6-inch strip from one end. Roll strip into a tight circle. Finished center round should be 5/8 inch wide. Use a dot of glue to secure end; let glue set.
- For arms: Roll one end of a 3-inch strip around quilling tool twice. At opposite end, roll strip around tool until finished arm is 1 inch long. Make eight.
- Glue arms together in pairs (see above photo). Glue the bottom of arms in place around the center circle.
- For scrolls: Fold a 6-inch strip in half. Roll each end to the center. Make four.
- Glue bottoms of scrolls to bottoms of arms near the center round, as shown. Let glue set. Glue sides of scrolls to arms, as shown.
- For teardrops: Using a 3-inch strip, make a 1/2-inch round. Pinch one side into a point. Make four.
- Glue the teardrops between rolled ends of scrolls.
- For marquise shapes: Using a 2-inch strip, make a 1/2-inch round. Pinch opposite sides into points. Make four.
- Glue marquise shapes to ends of arms. Let ornament dry overnight.
- Spray one side of ornament with adhesive and sprinkle with glitter; let dry. Turn over ornament and repeat on opposite side.