continue reading below
How to Make It
- Cut a 5-1/2-inch-diameter circle of red felt for the bag bottom.
- Cut a 14-1/2-x--1/2-inch rectangle of red felt and trim one long edge with scalloped-edge scissors.
- With right sides together and using a 1/2-inch seam allowance, sew the short edges of the rectangle together for the bag sides. Turn and press.
- With right sides together and using a 1/2-inch seam allowance, sew the bottom circle to the sides. Turn right side out.
- Cut a 5-1/2-inch-diameter circle of green felt for the bag bottom.
- Cut a 14-1/2-x-9-1/2-inch rectangle of felt and assemble the liner following the directions for the bag.
- Slip the green bag liner inside the red bag.
- Fill the bag with desired items and tie closed with ribbon.
- Hot-glue holly leaves, berries, and pinecones on the ribbon tails.