Make a Felt Snowman Ornament
Add an adorable snowman ornament to your Christmas tree decorations this year. With some felt and basic sewing skills he's a cinch!
- Draw a basic snowman pattern, arms, and nose onto white paper and cut out. Using a water-soluble marking pen, trace the pieces onto felt. Cut out pieces.
- For each snowman, hand-stitch eyes, nose, and buttons to one body piece, using matching thread and running stitches and referring to the photo, above, for placement.
- Layer the body pieces for each snowman with wrong sides together. Insert snowman arms between body pieces. Fold the ribbon length in half and insert the ends between the body pieces on the top of the head for a hanging loop.
- Using a scant 1⁄8-inch seam allowance, hand-stitch the body pieces together with running stitches and matching thread. Catch the arms and the hanging loop in seams as you stitch. Leave a 1-1⁄2-inch opening in the bottom of each ornament. Firmly stuff each body with polyester fiberfill; stitch opening closed.
continue reading below
- 9×12-inch piece of felt: one each of black, white, orange, and brown
- Water-soluble marking pen
- Sewing needle and matching colors of thread
- Ribbon: 5-inch white length
- Polyester fiberfill