Make a Curly Paper Christmas Tree
Craft this whimsical Christmas tree using budget-friendly supplies and time-friendly techniques.
What You'll Need
- Floral foam
- Paper candy cup
- 6-inch-long florist's stake or a painted 1/4-inch dowel
- Green construction paper or heavy curling ribbon
- Glue or other adhesive
- Waxed paper
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Insert dry floral foam into the paper cup.
- Insert the stake or dowel into the center of the foam.
- Cut thin strips of ribbon or construction paper in graduated lengths.
- Use scissors to curl the ribbon, or curl the construction paper around a pencil.
- Glue the uncurled end of each strip to the stake or dowel to form curling branches. Be sure to start with shorter lengths at the top and work downward.
- Crumple pieces of waxed paper atop the foam to mimic snow.