What You'll Need:
- 12- and 16-inch-diameter florist's-foam wreaths
- 8-inch-diameter florist's-foam balls
- Carnations (fresh or artificial; see directions)
- Small pruning shears
How to Make It:
- Soak the florist's-foam shape in water following the manufacturer's instructions. Trim the carnations to about 3 inches. The 12-inch diameter wreaths displayed on the mantel require about 50 carnations each.
- Insert the carnations into the forms until the surface is covered. To prolong the freshness of the carnations, store the arrangements in a cool area when not in use. Artificial flowers may be used instead. If using artificial flowers, there is no need to soak the florist's foam.