Joyful Garland for the Holidays
Scrapbooking supplies are all you need to make this joyful Christmas garland to decorate for the holidays.
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Make the Pieces: For backing circles, cut three 5-1/2-inch-diameter circles from patterned papers. Cut two 2-3/4x12-inch-long strips from each of three different coordinating patterned papers.
- Adhere two short ends of each matching strip pair together to create three 2-3/4x 23-1/2-inch long strips. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut a wavy edge along one long edge of each strip.
- Accordion-fold each strip with 1/2-inch-wide folds. To form a ruffled circle, fan the accordion folded strip with the decorative edge facing outward, and glue the short ends together.
- Lay the ruffled circle on a flat surface and press the center to flatten. Glue a ruffled circle to the top of each backing circle. Cut three 2-1/2x3-1/2-inch rectangles from coordinating patterned papers.
- Decorate the front of each rectangle with coordinating patterned papers. To create a tag shape, clip the corners of each rectangle on one short side.
- Punch a hole in the center top of each tag. Create a 3-inch-tall letter for each tag from a double layer of patterned papers. Using adhesive-backed foam dots, adhere one letter to each tag. Embellish the tags with stickers. Glue a tag to each circle assembly.
- Assemble the Garland: Punch a hole on opposite sides of each circle. Thread the ribbon through the holes as shown in the photo, adding a jingle bell between the circles. Glue the ribbon to the backing circles.