"Be Jolly" Handmade Christmas Card
This handmade Christmas card features a happy snowman with a "Be Jolly" greeting.
What You Need:
- Card stock
- Patterned paper and die-cut snowman (We used My Mind's Eye.)
- Die-cut letters (We used QuicKutz)
- Ink (We used Fluid Chalk by ColorBox)
- Foam dots (We used Pop Dots.)
- Corner rounder
- Paper piercer
- Circle cutter
- Scoring tool
- Computer/printer for printing inside greeting
- Note: If you do not have die-cut snowmen to use on your cards, you can easily make your own (see pattern). You also can substitute letter stickers for die-cut letters and stamp or write your inside greeting instead of printing it on a computer.
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Cut an 8-1/2-inch sheet of card stock in half width wise to create card base (5-1/2x8-1/2inches). Score and fold in half so the card opens at the bottom.
- Round corners and ink the edges.
- Cut two 1-1/2x1-1/2-inch squares from contrasting card stock and ink the edges. Cut a 2-1/4x3-1/4-inch rectangle from a third color of card stock and ink the edges. Adhere all three pieces to the front of the card.
- Adhere die-cut snowman using foam dots.
- Add "Be Jolly" to the top square.
- Use glue dots to attach three buttons to the bottom square.
- Print or stamp an inside greeting for your card.