Make a Jolly Jester Christmas Stocking with Fleece
Add a jaunty air to your Christmas decorations with this Jolly Jester stocking made from yellow fleece.
What You Nedd:
- Tracing paper
- 1/2 yard pastel polar fleece
- 1/4 yard white polar fleece
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine
- 18-inch length of ribbon
- White ornament
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Enlarge, trace, and cut out the patterns. Trace the patterns onto fleece for front and back; cut out.
- Place the right sides together and sew the stocking together, leaving the top open. Clip the rounded corners and the pointed toe; turn right side out.
- Sew the white cuff pieces together. Place the cuff inside the sewn stocking, aligning the top edges. Line up the front and back seams of the cuff to the colored stocking front and back seams. Stretch the stocking portion slightly to fit cuff, as it is slightly smaller than the cuff. Sew the layers together around the edge. Trim the threads; turn the cuff outward. Stitch a ribbon hanger to the stocking.
- Tie a ribbon to a white ornament. With needle and thread, sew the ribbon underneath the cuff.